36. Choose some berries. Patrick’s hill Grown Berry Farm permits site site visitors to pick berries right from the vine through the summer time. While having to pay for your pickin’s within the little store, make sure to taste-test some do-it-yourself jam. We’re certain you’ll be purchasing a container or two to get hold of. (530) 647-2833; www. Patricksmtngrown.
37. Go on campus—without the strain to be students. Almost 100 years old, UC Davis’ Picnic Day is just a Davis community favorite filled with entertainment, tasks, displays and much more. In addition, world-renowned performers grace the phases at UC Davis’ Mondavi Center and Folsom Lake College’s Three phases. And don’t bypass student-performed theater, music and art programs at our two universities and five JCs: Sacramento State (916-278-4323, www. Csus.edu), Cosumnes River College (916-691-7344; www. Crc. Losrios.edu), Sacramento City College (916-558-2111; www. Scc. Losrios.edu), United states River University (916-484-8011; www. Arc. Losrios.edu), Sierra College (916-624-3333; www. Sierracollege.edu) and also the UC that is aforementioned Davis530-752-1011; ucdavis.edu) and Folsom Lake university (916-608-6500; www. Flc. Losrios.edu)
38. Behold the Sacramento Ballet. Whether you attend the yearly manufacturing of The Nutcracker, the greater casual alcohol and Ballet fundraiser or among the company’s other productions, per day or evening invested at a Sacramento Ballet performance has you dreaming of pirouettes long shortly after. (916) 552-5800; www. Sacballet.org
39. Invest an night (or a day) during the movie theater. Our area is rich with wonderful regional theaters providing productions for each age and interest. To call simply a rather few: in Sacramento, Sacramento Theatre Company (916-443-6722; www. Sactheatre.org), Buck Busfield’s (bro of Tim) B Street Theatre (916-443-5300; www. Bstreettheatre.org) as well as the always-entertaining Big Idea Theatre (916-960-3036; www. Bigideatheatre.com). Additionally, check out Placerville’s darling Imagination Theater (530-642-0404; www. Imaginationtheater.net) and Folsom’s intimate Sutter Street Theatre (916-353-1001; www.com that is. Sutterstreettheatre
40. Compete when you look at the “World’s Oldest” and only triathlon that is nonswim Eppie’s Great Race. Ever tell yourself, “Man, I’d do a triathlon if perhaps i possibly could kayak in the place of swim. ” Step right up into the Eppie’s Great Race, my pal. The race—which takes place every July—consists of a 5.82-mile run, a 12.5-mile bicycle trip and a kayak that is 6.35-mile. You’ll accept all three legs your self or form a group. Established by restaurateur/entrepreneur Eppie Johnson, the competition raises funds for Sacramento County Therapeutic Recreation Services. (916) 480-0270; www. Eppiesgreatrace.org
41. Love a parade. Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. In the March for the fantasy “Marade” (march and parade) in(www. Mlk365.org) january, homosexual pride during the Pride Parade, which kicks from the Sacramento Pride Festival, in June (www. Sacramentopride.org), veterans during the Veterans Parade in November (www. Cityofsacramento.org) additionally the festive season in the xmas Parade in Placerville in December ( www. Placerville-downtown.org time ). Of course that is not enough parade, you’ll find so many 4th of July parades to choose from on our nation’s many holiday that is patriotic.
42. Museum hop. Read about Ca history during the California Museum (916-653-7524; www. Californiamuseum.org) and about everything technology and room during the Discovery Museum Science & Space Center (916-575-3942; www. Thediscovery.org). Railroad buffs may wish to always check the California State Railroad out Museum—train trips can be obtained on weekends April–September (916-445-6645; www. Csrmf.org). Vehicle enthusiasts may wish to cruise in to the Ca Automobile Museum (916-442-6802; http: //calautomuseum.org)
43. Go to a concert that is outdoor.
44. Return back over time at two festivals that are annual. Watch exquisitely costumed dancers waltz (and polka) up to a choreographed storyline, prepared into the music because of the group of Johann Strauss during the Strauss Festival of Elk Grove in July (www. Straussfestival.com). Fans associated with Bard won’t wish to skip the Sacramento Shakespeare Festival in William Land Park, which happens in June and July (www. Sacramentoshakespeare.net).
45. Get where you’re going up to a good fresh fresh fruit event. Foodies (or should we specify fruit-loving foodies? ) may wish to check out of the BerryFest (www. Feedmestrawberries.com), which occurs in Roseville Mother’s Day sunday, the Courtland Pear Fair (www. Pearfair.org), which takes position the final Sunday in July into the quaint Delta city of Courtland and also the Mandarin Festival (www. Mandarinfestival.com), which takes put the week-end before Thanksgiving in Auburn.
46. Catch the Causeway Timeless. This yearly football game between Sacramento State and UC Davis is really an autumn tradition around these components. The 2 schools—separated by the 3.2 mile Yolo Causeway (ergo the title)—have been battling it away each year for over 50 years. It doesn’t matter which team you’re rooting for, if you want soccer and also you such as for instance a good university rivalry, you’re sure to possess a great time.
47. Look as much as the woods. Did that Sacramento is known by you is described as the “City of Trees”? Sufficient reason for valid reason: Through the palm woods regarding the border of Capitol Park into the river birch in the banking institutions of McKinley Park pond to your eucalyptus woods regarding the University Arboretum at Sacramento State plus the archways that are verdant midtown’s roads, our trees shade us from summer time sunlight and show us their colors come fall. Search for yourself: The Sacramento Tree Foundation has maps of popular areas therefore the woods that inhabit them. Head to www. Sactree.com/treetours to download your copy.
48. Get the length or russian mail order wives cheer on other people during the California International that is annual Marathon. The 26.2-mile run from Folsom towards the state Capitol, held the very first Sunday in December, brings athletes from all over the world. Taking part in the marathon enables you to intimately acquainted with every nook and cranny of Fair Oaks Boulevard—you address almost the stretch that is entire of. Feel the rush of running all the way through the (generally) traffic-heavy intersection of Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue. And acquire chills down and up your back while you cruise down L Street toward the final line, the pulse associated with audience offering you energy. Www. Runcim.org
49. Pedal around city on a bike. It saves your money on fuel, it generates it more straightforward to find parking, it is great for the surroundings, some exercise is got by you and you’re able to just simply simply take into the sights. Many businesses—especially within the downtown and midtown area—offer bicycle racks therefore the Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (www.org that is. Sacbike provides bicycle that is free parking at some occasions.
50. Consume a tomato that is local. Really! We’re not called “Sacratomato” for nothin’!